Lifeplus manufactures and distributes high quality nutritional supplements direct to customers and generates new sales through referral by its independent Associates. Those Associates in turn receive a commission or bonus for the volume of business they generate based on a layered commission structure.
We are an established and successful international business with great ambition and a team of enthusiastic people who are all dedicated to moving the business forward. Lifeplus Europe, as the name suggests, specifically supports customers throughout Europe and delivers our products direct to consumers throughout the region.
At Lifeplus, we follow a single guiding principle: helping people to feel good. For those looking to improve their health and lifestyle, we offer exceptional nutritional supplements, simple wellbeing advice and the opportunity to earn a supplementary income by running their own business.
A new opportunity has opened up for an Assistant Accountant. Working 7.5 hours per day Monday to Friday. Reporting to the Deputy Financial Controller but with day-to-day responsibility to the Financial Accountant, the successful candidate will be part of a small team in a fast moving business environment. The successful applicant will be qualified to AAT level or with equivalent experience, with strong accounting systems experience. This position would suit a candidate who is looking to further their career within a dynamic Accounts department.
Principal Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
Support to the Financial Accountant:
- Preparing the company’s monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts.
- Regular reconciliation of Balance Sheet control accounts and variance accounts within the accounting system.
- Liaising with freight forwarding agents and the purchasing department in the USA to ensure that all Import Duties and VAT are correctly calculated and processed for all products purchased by Lifeplus Europe.
- Ensuring that actual landed costs are correctly calculated and entered in the accounting system.
- Ensuring that all products are correctly set up for Selling price / VAT / Shipping charges etc. within the master product database. Updating the database with any changes.
- Preparation and submission of various monthly / quarterly VAT Returns for the countries where we are required to register for VAT, either directly or by working with local fiscal agents.
- Preparation and submission of Intrastat Returns / EC Sales Lists, and any other HMRC Returns as required.
- Daily bank reconciliations
Support to the Payroll & Benefits Manager:
- General monthly payroll administration including maintenance of expenditure and costs for PAYE Settlement Agreement reconciliation, making multi-currency cash payments and supporting the Staff Benefit Schemes.
Support to Accounts Payable:
- Account for and process all credit card payments.
- As required: Posting of invoices, preparing supplier payments, reconciling supplier accounts, scanning and filing of invoices and other documents.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- An excellent working knowledge of at least one accounting system.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative when the situation demands it.
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to take ownership of designated tasks.
- The capability to perform tasks accurately and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible approach to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Ethical approach to maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers.
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life assurance
- Discounts at leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: email@example.com. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.