Automation Test Analyst
Lifeplus manufactures and distributes high quality nutritional supplements direct to customers and generates new sales through referral by its independent associates. Those Associates in turn receive a commission or bonus for the volume of business they generate based on a layered commission structure.
We are an established and successful international business with great ambition and a team of enthusiastic people who are all dedicated to moving the business forward. Lifeplus Europe, as the name suggests, specifically supports customers throughout Europe and delivers our products direct to consumers throughout the region.
At Lifeplus, we follow a single guiding principle: helping people to feel good. For those looking to improve their health and lifestyle, we offer exceptional nutritional supplements, simple wellbeing advice and the opportunity to earn a supplementary income by running their own business.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide automation testing support and analysis within a Project Management environment to support a variety of projects including technical, facility-based infrastructure (interfacing with technology), including a variety of desktop and mobile apps as well as web testing, and those delivering new business processes, with their associated change management requirements.
The role will play an important part in the successful delivery of projects across the organisation in being responsible for providing an end to end testing service that will include functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing for defined projects or work streams. In addition, providing core testing deliverables such as test plans, scenarios and scripts, as well as the co-ordination and execution of testing, logging and managing defects through their lifecycle with relevant teams. This will be done using both waterfall and scrum project approaches.
The Test Analyst will be responsible for;
- Liaison with the project team and business stakeholders to produce a logical set of prioritised automation test scenarios for both desktop applications, mobile applications and websites, scripts and schedules.
- Proposing and obtaining agreement for the testing approach depending on the type of project (e.g. software development or disaster recovery).
- Creating a realistic and achievable testing schedule; working with the relevant stakeholders to ensure buy-in.
- Providing advice on the appropriateness of automation of testing for relevant projects.
- Drive the adoption of automated testing for technical projects.
- Production and execution of Automation Frameworks, Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases and Scripts as appropriate.
- Management of UAT; communication and co-ordination of users, script management, logging of defects.
- Provide testing advice and coaching, supported by a consistent artefacts and approach to project teams and stakeholders; many of whom have never encountered testing previously.
- Analysis and reporting of test activities and results.
- Supporting the end to end defect management lifecycle, including providing stakeholders with appropriate reporting.
- Producing test results and providing solid test metrics for further analysis with the project team.
- Assist in the production of accurate release notes and user manuals to assist the introduction of newly implemented technology / solutions in the live environment.
- Recommending and introducing new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing.
Required skills and experience:
- 3 years+ experience as an Automation Test Analyst.
- Ability to design and implement automation frameworks from scratch
- Ability to design, build and execute manual and automated test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Experience with working with stakeholders that have no experience or understanding of testing
- Evidence of relevant certifications (e.g. ISTQB, ITIL)
- Hands on experience working with agile teams on projects using scrum.
- Experienced in writing manual and automated test scenarios, cases/scripts to desired levels of details to meet time and resources available.
- Experienced in developing test plans and coordinating testing activities between internal business Functions (including technical and change management) and 3rd party teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to understand, present and explain complex information to a range of audiences.
- Experience of testing for non-software development projects such as, disaster recovery, office moves.
- High level of emotional intelligence with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Experience of working with global teams.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to work on own; prioritising and managing time as needed.
- Ability to work across the organisation in a collaborative way to build and strengthen working relationships.
- Be tool agnostic and recommend new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing.
- Attend scrum review meetings and develop targeted test plans and cases.
- Liaise with development teams and key business users during the testing, providing updates and status reports and alerting potential issues.
- Perform integration, performance and stress testing of client and server applications, including post-release checking where required.
- Extensive experience across a number of testing disciplines (Regression, Integration, Web, System, Acceptance, UAT)
- Experience with test management tools such as Team Foundation Server, HP Quality Centre, Jira, TestRail
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (SCRUM, Kanban, DSDM, TDD, BDD)
- Practical and demonstrable experience of Performance and automation example tools – (Selenium / Loadrunner / Cucumber / SoapUI / Jmeter/Ranorex/Test Complete/Katalon/LeapWork)
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- All applicants will need to have a valid UK Driving license as some travel between our different locations will be needed
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.