Automation Test Analyst
The primary purpose of this role is to provide manual and automation testing support and analysis within a Project Management environment, to support a variety of projects including technical, facility-based infrastructure (interfacing with technology) and those delivering new business processes, with their associated change management requirements.
The role will play an important part in the successful delivery of projects across the organisation in being responsible for providing an end to end testing service that will include automation, functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing for defined projects or work streams. In addition, providing core testing deliverables such as test plans, scenarios and scripts, as well as the co-ordination and execution of testing, logging and managing defects through their lifecycle with relevant teams. This will be done using both waterfall and scrum project approaches.
- Creating and maintaining automation frameworks for different projects within the organisation.
- Production and execution of Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases, Test Suites and Scripts as appropriate.
- Drive the adoption of automated testing for technical projects where appropriate
- Liaison with the project team and business stakeholders to produce a logical set of prioritised test scenarios, scripts and schedules.
- Proposing and obtaining agreement for the testing approach depending on the type of project (e.g. software development or disaster recovery).
- Producing test results and providing solid test metrics for further analysis with the project team.
- Provide testing advice and coaching, supported by a consistent artefacts and approach to project teams and stakeholders; many of whom have never encountered testing previously.
- Analysis and reporting of test activities and results.
- Supporting the end to end defect management lifecycle, including providing stakeholders with appropriate reporting.
- Assist in the production of accurate release notes and user manuals to assist the introduction of newly implemented technology / solutions in the live environment.
- Recommending and introducing new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing.
Required skills and experience:
- A self-starter with mid-level experience as a hands on Automation and Manual Test Analyst.
- Experience with designing, maintaining and taking ownership of automation frameworks
- Experienced in writing manual and automated test scenarios, cases/scripts to desired levels of details to meet time and resources available.
- Experience of testing websites (client/server), desktop applications, and mobile apps (Android and iOS)
- BDD and or TDD
- Hands on experience with test case management software tools such as TestRail, Jira
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Test Complete, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium ID/Webdriver/Grid, Appium, RESTfulAPI’s, Visual Studio, Confluence, TFS
- Ability to design, build and execute manual and automated test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Good understanding of the bug tracking cycle
- Working in an Agile, Waterfall development environments
- Experience with working with stakeholders that have no experience or understanding of testing
- Evidence of relevant certifications (e.g. ISTQB, ITIL)
- Experienced in developing test plans and coordinating testing activities between internal business Functions (including technical and change management) and 3rd party teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to understand, present and explain complex information to a range of audiences.
- Experience of testing for non-software development projects such as, disaster recovery, office moves.
- High level of emotional intelligence with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Experience of working with global teams.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to work on own; prioritising and managing time as needed.
- Ability to work across the organisation in a collaborative way to build and strengthen working relationships.
- Be tool agnostic and recommend new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing.
- Liaise with development teams and key business users during the testing, providing updates and status reports and alerting potential issues.
- Perform UAT, functional, integration, performance, regression, load and stress testing of client and server applications, including post-release checking where required.
- Extensive hands on experience of automation testing for websites, mobile apps
- Experience of manual of desktop applications, websites and mobile apps
- Extensive experience across a number of testing disciplines (Regression, Integration, Web, System, Acceptance, UAT, Load and Stress testing)
- Experience with test management tools such as Team Foundation Server, TestRail, Jira
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (SCRUM, Kanban, DSDM, TDD, BDD)
- Practical and demonstrable experience of Performance and automation example tools – (Selenium / Load runner / Cucumber / SoapUI / Jmeter)
Hours and Days:
- 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. The normal duties of this role may include early starts, late finishes & weekend work.
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.