Colleague Engagement & Internal Communications Executive
At Lifeplus, we do all we can to help people feel good – and ultimately that’s what Lifeplus is all about. People are the most important part of our story and our Company. Lifeplus people share the same values – we think that’s what makes us a different kind of Company and we’d like to keep it that way. We’re a warm, open and friendly Company. We’re focused and driven but we’re not corporate and we want to keep it that way. It’s our collective responsibility to create a working environment where people are inspired, energised and motivated and can have fun!
Purpose of the role
Building on the foundations already in place, the Colleague Engagement & Internal Communications Executive will play a key role in the development and implementation of our annual internal communication and engagement strategy, core channels and best practice guidelines. Your work will shape how we engage with our employees and help us to consistently reinforce the Lifeplus culture and values.
The role reports to a highly experienced Colleague Engagement Manager, who has substantial experience of leading internal communications & engagement functions. The Colleague Engagement & Internal Communications Executive role is therefore an ideal opportunity for an internal comms professional keen to further their development by working alongside a very experienced senior practitioner, who would provide valuable mentoring and guidance.
You will provide communications & engagement direction to our key internal stakeholders, oversee our business as usual internal communications and engagement – ranging from our eNewsletter, Inspire, colleague forums to employee surveys. You will also support the development and implementation of a new colleague reward and recognition scheme, and take a central role in several other colleague engagement initiatives.
The successful applicant will need to engage closely at all levels with our multi-cultural colleague stakeholders across the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Colleague Engagement Manager for future improvements in colleague engagement at Lifeplus; developing and delivering a programme of colleague engagement activities across the company and championing dialogue around engagement.
- Plan, write and deliver a range of internal communications to engage and inform our colleague audience.
- Produce engaging internal communication materials using your graphic design skills to create posters, handouts, content for our monthly newsletter (Inspire), company-wide emails, letters, forms, Q&As, noticeboards and presentation slides ensuring all are aligned to our brand, mission, purpose, values and principles, tone of voice.
- Cross-functional collaboration with all areas of the business to identify content for stories/features for our monthly eNewsletter (Inspire); posters; handouts, noticeboards.
- Ensuring the use of photographs and our internal communications are GDPR-compliant.
- Maintaining the overall communications plan/calendar.
- Work closely with representatives from our Internal Communications Group and Colleague Forum Champions to continuously improve our communications and engagement approaches, and to share best practice.
- Support the Colleague Engagement Manager in developing the annual company internal communications and engagement plans.
- Administration related to all of the above.
- Keeping up to date with good practice and developments in internal communications & engagement, leveraging external networks where appropriate.
- The critical responsibilities of this role are described above. They may be subject to reasonable changes from time to time in line with business need.
You’ll be good at:
- Building and managing positive relationships with senior stakeholders
- Collaborating with colleagues at all levels, including colleagues at different locations
- Project management and developing systems to improve efficiency.
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Writing compelling copy and crafting messages for an internal audience
- Working independently and balancing multiple projects
- Willingly ‘getting your hands dirty’ and taking on both strategic and delivery responsibilities
- Approaching your work with a sense of perspective, flexibility and positivity
- Experience of working in an internal communications department
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice employee engagement theory
- Familiarity in working with different cultures
- Experience of setting up and introducing new employee engagement platforms
What the role doesn’t include but works alongside:
- PR, customer or external communications including social media (Marketing)
- Brand custodianship (Marketing)
- Product, Merchandise or Events communications (Marketing)
- Project/change communications (PMO)
- Customer Care process communications (Customer Care)
- External recruitment communications including social media (HR)
Qualifications, experience and key skills:
- Advanced English written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent writing skills, accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
- Graphic design to visually communicate ideas through a combination of art and technology.
- Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Adobe, Publisher, Canva.
- Organised and able to prioritise, an ability to look after many communication plans and content simultaneously.
- Experience in Employee Engagement and/or people-focused Internal Communications.
- A people person, confident in establishing positive working relationships.
- Role-models a collaborative, diplomatic and open-minded approach.
- Emotional Intelligence and resilience.
- Degree-level qualification related to Employee Engagement or Internal Communications (or significant development in previous roles)
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life assurance
- Discounts at leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility is available in how these hours are spread across the week.
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: email@example.com. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.