Deputy Financial Controller
Established over 30 years ago here at Lifeplus our mission is to be the world leader in holistic wellbeing by helping millions of people to unlock the wellness within them.
We manufacture and distribute high quality nutritional supplements directly to our customers all over the world. We are proud to have a team of enthusiastic customers and colleagues who are all dedicated to creating a legacy of wellbeing.
At Lifeplus we celebrate and embrace diversity and we believe that our success comes from creating a caring and fun community.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will shape operational performance within the accounts department, and advise senior stakeholders in both the UK & US by providing accurate revenue and cash flow forecasting data.
Leading a team of experienced accounts professionals the ability to engage, coach and mentor are essential as are clear communication skills.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Providing information reporting, including the production of monthly sales data and accompanying charts for senior management.
- Generation of Sales and Returns reports used for company VAT returns and monthly accounts.
- Leading projects to enhance our business processes.
- Responsibility for all company bank balances, and daily cash flow forecasting and reporting to ensure that all liabilities can be met as they arise.
- Responsibility for foreign exchange management as part of cash flow management. Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer in the US and external providers of foreign exchange services.
- Maintaining all company petty cash balances.
- Liaising with external bodies including Auditors, HMRC, Banks, Insurance
Brokers, Independent Financial Advisors, and Foreign Exchange Brokers.
- Completion of returns for the Office for National Statistics and any other
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or other equivalent qualification).
- The ability to lead and develop a team, Experience managing an Accounts team for a minimum of 2 years.
- An understanding of Import and Export processes
- Communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels.
- Be a champion of change and take an agile approach within a fast paced
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior stakeholders having the bigger picture in mind.
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience of accounting software and experience of implementing system
improvements. (Infor Syteline)
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages
- Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
- Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am-6pm. Total of 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility in hours and days would be expected
- Keppel House, St Neots
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.