HR & Payroll Manager
Based in The Netherlands
Here at Lifeplus people are at the heart of what we do. Each Lifeplus colleague is a key part of who we are.
We value everyone who works with us and do all we can to create an environment where mutual respect, trust, collaboration and a shared sense of purpose drives all that we do. We strive for our people to feel valued and to have fun at work.
We’re looking for people to join the Lifeplus team that want to work for a unique company with lovely, kind and generous people.
We have a network of associates that are passionate about Lifeplus products and people. They contact our Customer Service centre in St Neots with their product orders and questions.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- HR Business Partnering– Partner with and provide advice, guidance and coaching on HR related matters to Site Management
- Employee Relations– respond to all employee relations issues and concerns ensuring compliance with Dutch employment law and that our colleagues are treated fairly
- Legal Compliance– Ensure the site remains compliant with Dutch employment law and regulatory requirements including updating and maintaining the employee handbook, GDPR and remaining up to date with Dutch Employment law and taking proactive steps to minimise employee relations issues
- Act as an expert in Dutch employment law including providing advice and guidance on Dutch employment law to the Head of People
- Payroll Management– Manage the payroll function for all on site ensuring timely payment for all our colleagues and the correct management starters, leavers and timesheets
- Liaise with audits as required on any payroll related audits
- System and File Management– manage the HR system and file management for all employees
- Recruitment– Assist the Talent Team with managing the employee life cycle including creating job descriptions, recruitment campaigns, assisting with the interview process, managing on-boarding and creating contracts of employment with the support of our UK based Talent Team
- Work with our UK based Talent team to manage relationships with Recruitment Agencies
- HR Metrics– provide, monitor & interpret key KPI’s to allow proactive HR management
- Compensation– Support management with annual performance reviews and the appraisal process
- Engagement– monitor and facilitate staff engagement with the support of our Engagement Team through the use of staff surveys and other engagement tools
- Carry out exit interviews proactively working on any trends identified
- Liaise with the Head of People to ensure our benefits packages remain competitive
- Liaise with the Head of People to ensure colleagues are included in the annual salary review process including working with Site Management to agree salary increases and assisting the Talent Team with salary benchmarking
- Policy Creation– Work to develop and maintain policies and procedures in line with Dutch law and customs
- Learning and Development– supporting in rolling out L&D initiatives with guidance and support from the UK based L&D team
- Part of the People Team– Ensure HR activities on site are in line with the People Plan for the business
- HR Administration– undertake HR administration with the support of the HR Advisor based in the UK
- As part of the People Management Team participate in People Management meetings with a particular focus on ensuring that decision made at European level are for purpose for colleague in BoZ
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion– Encourage Diversity, Equality and Inclusion and support with implementing and maintaining health and wellbeing initiatives
- Continuous Improvement– continually seek out ways we can improve on our processes, procedures and ways of working from a HR perspective
- Health and Safety– Champion safe working environments in conjunction with site management
Person Specification- essential skills
- Demonstrable previous experience as a HR generalist
- Extensive experience of Dutch Employment Law
- Previous payroll experience
- Able to speak both conversational English and Dutch
- Hold HR and/or Payroll qualifications
- Previous experience as a HR Generalist within a Logistics, Manufacturing or Warehouse based environment
- Experience of working with Works Councils
- Extensive experience of managing the employee lifecycle
- Experience of HR policy development
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills including the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrable experience of coaching and guiding senior management on HR related issues
Additional Desirable qualifications
- Experience using Access Payroll desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation is desirable but not essential
Hours and Days
- Full time – Monday to Friday 08:00AM to 17:00PM, 40 hours a week
- Part time – 4 days a week, 08:00AM to 17:00PM, 32 hours a week
Please specify requirements on application.
- €55,000 per year (pro rata)
Be an advocate and champion of our values;
- Generosity– be kind to others, be generous, ask for help when you need it and be expansive in your praise
- Integrity– remember that people are mostly good, listen first and then speak, words are magical, your thoughts are your own- never let anyone tell you what you should think
- Transformation– be brave, be open –minded, believe in your future, you can make a difference
- Quality– look after yourself, you are precious, treat your body with the utmost respect, trust your instincts, always give your best
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
Please send applications through in English.
Our customers are from all walks of life as are our colleagues and this is what makes Lifeplus a different kind of company. We all have a part to play in diversity and inclusion and we welcome everyone to be brave, be kind and be open minded because we believe you – can make a difference.
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Netherlands BV (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus – Bergen op Zoom Conradweg 14, 4612 PD, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands, T: +44 1480 224623, E: NL.Recruitment@Lifeplus.com. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/en/privacy-policy-the-netherlands/ or contact us at email@example.com.