IT Service Desk Technician
Established over 30 years ago here at Lifeplus our mission is to be the world leader in holistic wellbeing by helping millions of people to unlock the wellness within them.
We manufacture and distribute high quality nutritional supplements directly to our customers all over the world. We are proud to have a team of enthusiastic customers and colleagues who are all dedicated to creating a legacy of wellbeing.
At Lifeplus we celebrate and embrace diversity and we believe that our success comes from creating a caring and fun community.
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests.
As a Service Desk Support Technician you’ll provide first line support for all colleagues across three sites.
You’ll be responsible for logging incidents, service requests and resolving support requests ensuring that service levels and targets are achieved as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
The service desk team work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides IT support services over the phone, through email, Soft Phone, in person (for walk-in customers) and self-service.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- To provide 1st line support for colleagues and site visitors in the use of a range of business critical software solutions.
- To record support requests in the central ticketing system (Jira) and track and manage assigned (Jira) tickets, whilst also escalating to IT Helpdesk Technicians
- To provide support for users in the operation of a range of hardware including printers, scanners and other external peripherals’.
- To ensure that resources within the IT suites are supported through the development of printed and online instructional material to reduce call rates and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- To deliver where required inductions and basic training in the use of facilities and services provided by IT.
- To manage IT equipment that is issued or loaned to colleagues.
Experience in the following is advantageous but not a requirement as training will be given;
- Great Customer & Team focus
- Entry level understanding of Legacy and Current IT Technologies
- ITSM Ticketing systems, SLO’s, SLA’s & Ticket handling
- Supporting both deskside & remote User base
- Network cabling & troubleshooting
- Willing to be flexible with working hours due to shift patterns and office locations
- Minimum 2 years IT Service Desk Experience
- Min Qualifications ITIL Foundation
- A driven individual that exemplifies a ‘can-do’ attitude, happy to go the “extra mile”
- Well organized & able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written & face to face
- Team player but also happy to work alone at times
- Full Driver’s license, own transport & willing to travel
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week rotating across 4 shift patterns:
- A – 0645 to 1500
- B – 0800 to 1615
- C – 0900 to 1715
- D – 0945 to 1800
- Flexibility to be able to travel across our 3 sites in St Neots and Bedford
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.