Lead Manual Test Analyst
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and provide testing support and analysis within a Project Management environment to support a variety of projects including technical, facility-based infrastructure (interfacing with technology) and those delivering new business processes, with their associated change management requirements.
Reporting to the Lead Test Analyst, this role will play an important part in the successful delivery of projects across the organisation in being responsible for providing an end to end testing service that will include functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing for defined projects or work streams. In addition, providing core testing deliverables such as test plans, scenarios and scripts, as well as the co-ordination and execution of testing, logging and managing defects through their lifecycle with relevant teams. This will be done using both waterfall and scrum project approaches.
The Test Analyst will be responsible for:
- Liaison with the project team, business stakeholders and test analysts to secure testing resources, produce test plans, logical sets of prioritised test scenarios, test cases and test schedules.
- Understand the testing requirements for each project, propose and obtain agreement for the testing approach, depending on the type of project (e.g. software development or disaster recovery)
- Leading teams of Test Analysts for different projects
- Leading, supporting, and guiding non-testers, whom have never encountered testing previously, on the basics of writing and executing test cases
- Production and execution of test plans, scenarios, cases and scripts and as appropriate
- Produce test plans and reports for functional testing such as Unit Testing, Component Testing, Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, Integration Testing , Regression Testing, System Testing and UAT testing
- Produce test plans and reports non-functional testing such as Performance, Security, Usability, Risk Based Testing
- Ability to design, build and execute manual test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements
- Diagnosing, reporting and tracking issues
- Analysis of testing and producing test reports, providing solid test metrics for further analysis with the project team
- Providing advice on the appropriateness of automation of testing for relevant projects
- Supporting the STLC and defect management lifecycle, including providing stakeholders with appropriate reporting
- Assist in the production of accurate release notes and user manuals to assist the introduction of newly implemented technology / solutions in the live environment
- Recommending and introducing new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing
- Highly motived self-starter with high-level experience as a hands on Lead Test Analyst.
- Experienced in leading and coaching other test analysts
- Experience of planning , monitoring and controlling testing activities
- Experience of testing for non-software development projects such as, disaster recovery, office moves
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Experience with working with stakeholders that have no experience or understanding of testing
- Evidence of relevant certifications (e.g. ISTQB, ITIL)
- Hands on experience working with waterfall projects, and agile teams on projects using scrum
- Experienced in writing manual test scenarios, cases/scripts to desired levels of details to meet time and resources available
- Experienced in developing and updating test plans and coordinating testing activities between internal business Functions (including technical and change management) and 3rd party teams
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to understand, present and explain complex information to a range of audiences
- Hands on experience with Jira, Confluence, TestRail, TFS
- High level of emotional intelligence with a challenging and enquiring mind, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Good analytical skills with the ability to work on own; prioritising and managing time as needed
- Ability to work across the organisation in a collaborative way to build and strengthen working relationships
- Be tool agnostic and recommend new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing
- Liaise with development teams, Stakeholders and key business users during the testing, providing updates, status reports, and alerting on Go/No Go decisions
£48,000 pear year
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages
- Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts at leading brands and retailers
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: email@example.com. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.