Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking for a highly motivated SDET to provide an automation testing service to Lifeplus for both projects and Business As Usual initiatives. Defining, and delivering the Automation Testing Framework strategy, as well as implementing and maintaining the automation frameworks.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and scaling of an automation testing infrastructure/framework to meet the current and future demands of the business across different operating systems and different application platforms such as Web, Desktop and Mobile
- Maintain and update the automation test strategy
- Providing solid test metrics, analysing and reporting on testing results
- Collaborate with IT, Testers, Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts and Stakeholders to implement an automation strategy delivery
- Analyse the automation requirements for each project and to automate the collection, transformation and delivery of the companies data
- Produce and execute Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases, Test Suites and Scripts as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Project Team, Lead Test Analyst, Developers and Business Stakeholders to produce a logical set of prioritised automated test scenarios, test cases and scripts
- Proposing and obtaining agreement for the testing approach depending on the type of project (e.g. software development or disaster recovery).
- Support the end to end defect management lifecycle, including providing stakeholders with appropriate reporting.
- Recommending and introducing new processes, tools and techniques to improve the capability of testing.
- Provide testing advice and coaching to many of whom have never encountered testing previously.
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining different types of automation frameworks from the ground up
- Experience with BDD, TDD
- Experienced in scripting and programming languages e.g. C#, Selenium, Gherkin, SQL with Hybrid automation frameworks
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development
- Experience of working in Agile and DevOps process management methodology to integrate test code/scripts into CI /CD pipeline
- Experience of using code versioning and development tools e.g. Visual Studio, Confluence, TFS and SCM
- Experience with testing tools such as Test Complete, SpecFlow, Appium, RESTfulAPI’s, BrowserStack
- Hands on experience with test case management software tools such as TestRail and Jira
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Diagnosing, reporting and tracking issues
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in being able to communicate the testing strategy with different stakeholders within the organisation
- Good analytical skills and with the ability to work on own; prioritising and managing time as needed.
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
- Full time 37.5hrs per week, Monday to Friday unless project delivery requires weekend work.
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.