Lead Test Analyst
A self-starter with a passion for testing is needed to set up a lean and effective testing service for Lifeplus projects and Business As Usual (BAU) initiatives. This testing service will need to fit the Lifeplus culture with a lean ‘just enough’ approach that is appropriate for each project.
As well as setting up the service, this role will be hands on; identifying and recommending types of testing required, scheduling of test resources, creating lean test plans, scenarios and scripts, co-ordination and execution of testing, logging and managing defects through their lifecycle with relevant teams. This will be done using both waterfall and scrum project approaches. In order to do this you will need to have demonstrable experience in synthesising and implementing a strategy for testing. You’ll be able to lead by example; an advocate for collaboration with a natural position to not sweat the small stuff.
This role will also help Lifeplus move to the next level of testing; test automation – experience and knowledge in implementing test automation is key.
The Lead Test Analyst will be responsible for;
- Creation of a testing framework building on existing practice, processes and artefacts, and creating new areas as required.
- Provide testing advice and coaching, supported by consistent artefacts and approach to project teams and stakeholders.
- Providing realistic and pragmatic estimate for test planning and execution.
- Reducing the absolute numbers of test cases to the minimum required e.g. Pair wise testing etc
- Working with US and UK IT teams to set up appropriate test labs.
- Proposing and obtaining agreement for the testing approach depending on the type of project (e.g. software development or disaster recovery).
- Production and execution of Test Plans, Scenarios and Cases as appropriate.
- Analysis and reporting of test activities and results to stakeholders.
Required skills and experience:
- 6 years+ experience as a hands on Lead Test Analyst.
- Excellent understanding and demonstrable experience of various levels of testing within a project lifecycle.
- Extensive experience across a number of testing disciplines (Regression, Integration, Web, System, Acceptance, UAT).
- Evidence of relevant certifications (e.g. ISTQB, ITIL).
- Experience of working in both Agile and waterfall project approaches.
- Experienced in writing succinct test plans, test scenarios, cases and scripts to desired levels of details to meet time and resources available.
- Experience of testing for non-software development projects such as disaster recovery, office moves and Legal projects (e.g. changes to Terms & Conditions).
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to build effective relationships and manage internal and external stakeholders (high level of EQ).
- Demonstrable experience with testing tools.
- Demonstrable experience of end to end testing.
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 5%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Discounts at leading brands and retailers
- Life assurance
- Relocation support package for anyone located 50 miles or more from Lifeplus House.
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.