Lifeplus manufactures and distributes high quality nutritional supplements direct to customers and generates new sales through referral by its independent associates. Those Associates in turn receive a commission or bonus for the volume of business they generate based on a layered commission structure.
We are an established and successful international business with great ambition and a team of enthusiastic people who are all dedicated to moving the business forward. Lifeplus Europe, as the name suggests, specifically supports customers throughout Europe and delivers our products direct to consumers throughout the region.
At Lifeplus, we follow a single guiding principle: helping people to feel good. For those looking to improve their health and lifestyle, we offer exceptional nutritional supplements, simple wellbeing advice and the opportunity to earn a supplementary income by running their own business.
Reporting into the Head of PMO, this role forms part of a small PMO team created to help introduce a project way of working to Lifeplus.
This role will undertake project delivery, but is also instrumental in helping Lifeplus adopt a lean project approach; an ambassador for the PMO. Working within an entrepreneurial, environment, you will help embed repeatable practice where it adds value, removes waste, in a smart and agile way, using plain English to engage colleagues.
The role will be working with stakeholders across 3 sites in the St Neots/Bedford area as well as an internal application development team, Web Development Team and senior stakeholders based at Lifeplus HQ in the US. Lifeplus colleagues are passionate about what they do so building effective relationships is key – across the UK sites and the US sites. You will be expected to be able to travel to all 3 sites as needed.
- Manage a diverse range of projects across Lifeplus, including technical solution implementation, compliance and operational business change.
- Guide and facilitate stakeholders to define and agree project scope, goals and deliverables
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation who have no project background to identify project tasks, resource requirements and resource allocation
- Identify, assemble and coordinate project teams in a time efficient way
- Track project deliverables, and communicate status updates to stakeholders using appropriate tools
- Provide day to day direction and support to project team
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Manage project risk and issues to ensure milestones and business-critical deadlines are met
- Partake in project evaluations and PMO project Health Check reviews as appropriate
Education and Experiance
- Experience of adapting to meets an organisations culture.
- Experience of working in a start-up, or organisation that has a similar culture and level of organisational structure.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent
- Proven experience in delivering IT projects in a legacy environment that is lacking in technical capability and documented estate.
- Practical experience in Waterfall, iterative and Agile delivery and be able to coach colleagues in these methods if needed.
- Demonstrable hands on experience of successful project delivery
- Proven experience in risk management
- Understanding what makes colleagues tick; their communicate needs and how to get the best out of people.
- Experience of working with project resources who have a ‘day job’ – motivating them, helping them through delivery challenges.
- Experience of motivating people; bringing people round to finding a solution and consensus where needed.
- Experience of IT remediation and business process re-engineering
- Experience of working with technical teams and managing delivery functions
- Excellent Change Management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills; high level of emotional intelligence – ability to read stakeholders and adjust communication style accordingly.
- Ability to work in a smart way – only running meetings that are thought through and add value, creating ‘just enough’ documentation.
- A positive approach; always looking for solutions not ‘problems’ with a can-do approach.
- Critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Professional at all times, using a proactive and collaborative approach. An open flexible working style is key, with the ability to build trust and credibility quickly.
- Negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively across various levels in an organisation
- Adaptable with the ability to work in a “start-up” environment; ability to cope with the unknown and unexpected, as well as the routine, and able to work with incomplete and conflicting information.
- Drive and motivation in leading project teams to strive for excellence in the face of adversity
- Strong business management experience, with a sound understanding of typical organisational issues and challenges that face projects
- Driving best practice and identify opportunities for innovation
- Ability to navigate an organisation that is not highly structured in terms of having an ‘organisation RACI’.
- Excellent MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Skills
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life assurance
- Discounts at leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
Full time 37.5hrs per week between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.