Senior Automation Test Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated Automation Test Analyst to expand our Automation Strategy/framework This is a hands on role where the ability to design and implement data driven automation testing for both projects and Business As Usual (BAU) initiatives is key. Initially focussing on desktop automation there will be scope to then automate Web testing. So, this role would suit an all-rounder with experience in automating both desktop and web based applications.
As an Automation Test Specialist at Lifeplus, your analytical and technical skills will help to directly improve our customer’s experience of the applications we provide. You will hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to both internal and external customers.
Your role will include (but won’t be limited to):
- Work with the PM, Project Team, and Business Stakeholders to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements to produce prioritised automation tests that are data driven, robust, readable and maintainable
- Creating and executing automated test scripts, and maintain already existing scripts
- Collaborate with IT, Testers, Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts and Stakeholders to implement and deliver automation frameworks and test plans
- Maintain and update the Automation Test Strategy by recommending and introducing new processes, tools and techniques to improve the capability of automation testing strategy
- Providing solid test metrics, analysing and reporting on testing results
- Proposing and obtaining agreement for the testing approach depending on the type of project (e.g. software development or disaster recovery).
- Support the end to end defect management lifecycle, including providing stakeholders with appropriate reporting.
- Provide testing advice and coaching to many of whom have never encountered testing previously.
- If needed help out with Manual testing
Required skills and experience:
- Good Knowledge and hands on experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining different types of automation frameworks from the ground up
- Experience with BDD, TDD
- Experienced in scripting and programming languages e.g. Test Complete, C#, Selenium, Gherkin, SQL with Hybrid automation frameworks
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development
- Experience of using Source Code Management tools e.g. Visual Studio, Confluence, TFS, BitBucket, Git
- Experience with testing tools such as Test Complete, SpecFlow, RESTfulAPI’s, BrowserStack
- Hands on experience with test case management software tools such as TestRail and Jira
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with ambiguity
- Investigation of the reports of Automation tests, reporting & tracking issues and dispositioning them accordingly (e.g. raise bugs, fix code/data etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in being able to communicate the testing strategy with different stakeholders within the organisation
- Good analytical skills and with the ability to work on own; prioritising and managing time as needed.
- Experience working in an agile/Waterfall and mixed Agile/Waterfall environment.
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages
- Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
- Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Our customers are from all walks of life as are our colleagues and this is what makes Lifeplus a different kind of company. We all have a part to play in diversity and inclusion and we welcome everyone to be brave, be kind and be open minded because we believe you – can make a difference.
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: email@example.com. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.