IT Helpdesk Technician
Here at Lifeplus people are at the heart of what we do. Each Lifeplus colleague is a key part of who we are. We value everyone who works with us and do all we can to create an environment where mutual respect, trust, collaboration and a shared sense of purpose drives all that we do.
We’re looking for people to join the Lifeplus team that want to work for a unique company with lovely, kind and generous people.
Reporting to the IT Helpdesk Manager, the purpose of the IT Technician is to provide IT support to internal staff during business hours which includes onsite and on-call support. The successful candidate should be able to work on their own initiative and have good analytical skills.
The position will carry out tasks that include Help Desk Support, Custom Application Support, System Imaging, Client PC/Laptop and Desk Setup, Backup Solutions, Network Cabling.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Client imaging and installation
- Network cabling and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of IT Technologies
- MS Windows
- MS Server
- User creation and maintenance using Active Directory
- Internal IT induction and training
- Changing backup media
- Printer support
- Bug reporting
- Incident escalation
- TCP/IP Networks
- Network Cabling
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to coordinate amongst other staff
- CompTIA A+, Network+, or Relevant Certification / Equivalent experience
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Visual FoxPro
- MS SQL / T-SQL
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Scripting
- Willing to be flexible with working hours, due to testing and releases, out-of-hours working will be required frequently
- Preferably 2 years IT Helpdesk Experience
- Min Qual CompTIA A+ or similar
- Experience of application support
- A driven individual that is happy to go the “extra mile”
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and face to face
- Accomplished team player but also happy to work alone at times
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Discounts at leading brands and retailers
- Life assurance
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
Hours and Days:
Mon – Sun between 07:00 – 20:00 with 45 minutes lunch (including on call rotation for out of hours support) 37.5 Hours p/week
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: email@example.com. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 6 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.