Manual Test Analyst
The primary purpose of this role is to provide testing support and analysis within a Project Management environment to support a variety of projects including technical, facility-based infrastructure (interfacing with technology) and those delivering new business processes, with their associated change management requirements.
The role will play an important part in the successful delivery of projects across the organisation, in being responsible for providing an end to end testing service that will include functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing for defined projects or work streams. Organising and managing end users for UAT. In addition, providing core testing deliverables such as test plans, scenarios and scripts, as well as the co-ordination and execution of testing, logging and managing defects through their lifecycle with relevant teams. This will be done using waterfall, iterative and agile (scrum) project approaches.
The Test Analyst will be responsible for;
- Liaison with the project team and business stakeholders to produce a logical set of prioritised test scenarios, cases/scripts and schedules.
- Proposing and obtaining agreement for the testing approach depending on the type of project (e.g. BAU projects/ERP/Digital Transformation).
- Creating a realistic and achievable testing schedule; working with the relevant stakeholders to ensure buy-in.
- Experience of System integration and System level testing
- Providing testing advice on the appropriateness of automation of testing for relevant projects.
- Drive the adoption of automated testing for technical projects.
- Production and execution of Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases and Scripts as appropriate.
- Management of UAT; communication and co-ordination of users, script management, logging of defects.
- Provide testing advice and coaching, supported by a consistent artefacts and approach to project teams and stakeholders; many of whom have never encountered testing previously.
- Analysis and reporting of test activities and results.
- Supporting the end to end defect management lifecycle, including providing stakeholders with appropriate reporting.
- Producing test results and providing solid test metrics for further analysis with the project team.
- Assist in the production of accurate release notes and user manuals to assist the introduction of newly implemented technology / solutions in the live environment.
- Recommending and introducing new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing
Required skills and experience:
- 3 years’ experience or equivalent as a hands on Test Analyst
- Experience in Software development life cycle in complex Enterprise applications and integration projects at various levels
- Ability to design, build and execute manual test scripts that can verify the software satisfies functional requirements Good understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Experience with working with stakeholders that have no experience or understanding of testing
- Evidence of relevant certifications (e.g. ISTQB, ITIL)
- Hands on experience working with agile teams on projects using scrum.
- Experienced in writing manual test scenarios, cases/scripts to desired levels of details to meet time and resources available.
- Experienced in developing test plans and coordinating testing activities between internal business Functions (including technical and change management) and 3rd party teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to understand, present and explain complex information to a range of audiences.
- High level of emotional intelligence with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Experience of working with global teams.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to work on own; prioritising and managing time as needed.
- Ability to work across the organisation in a collaborative way to build and strengthen working relationships.
- Be tool agnostic and recommend new processes and techniques to improve the capability of testing.
- Attend scrum review meetings and develop targeted test plans and cases.
- Liaise with development teams and key business users during the testing, providing updates and status reports and alerting potential issues.
- Perform integration, performance and stress testing of client and server applications, including post-release checking where required.
- Extensive experience across a number of testing disciplines (Regression, Integration, Web, System, Acceptance, UAT)
- Knowledge on ERP testing such as Order Management, Inventory management and Shipping.
- Experience with tools such as TestRail, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and GIT
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (SCRUM, Kanban, DSDM, TDD, BDD)
- Good understanding of Performance and automation example techniques and tools – (Selenium / TestComplete / Cucumber / Postman/CrossBrowser/ JMeter)
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
- Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Our customers are from all walks of life as are our colleagues and this is what makes Lifeplus a different kind of company. We all have a part to play in diversity and inclusion and we welcome everyone to be brave, be kind and be open minded because we believe you – can make a difference.
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.